Friday, January 16, 2015

You cannot rely on anyone else

Here in NZ some services are offered to help caregivers to manage to enable people to stay in their own homes as long as possible as this will be where they are happiest. Unfortunately things are not always as good as they sound.

George is incontinent and therefore needs at least one shower a day. He is certainly unable to clean his nether regions! Last night someone rang to let me know that no one could help me this weekend at all. Weekends have only recently been added as I was dealing with the weekends. This gives me more to do and I worry a lot about anything going wrong. At least they rang as I have had plenty of instances where I have been expecting someone , waited patiently, finally rung - you have to leave a message - and heard nothing. After at least twos hours you can safely assume they are not coming! Makes it very difficult to make appointments or plans to do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment