Thursday, January 22, 2015

Learn new tricks

They say those with Alzheimer's don't learn new tricks. Well George did! At the meal table last night I got up to get something for him and then I see urine all over the dining room floor. Checked the valve on his catheter and the dear boy had opened it and emptied it all over the floor!

Very nice. I did not see him do it and nor did he know he had done it.

A bit more steam cleaning quickly done.

If this was a child you would explain the consequences of the action unfortunately that is rather a waste of time in this situation.

Just had a ring from my mother's home where she has been showing signs such as shallow breathing, high blood pressure, high blood sugar level. As Mum is generally pretty much the same this is unusual for her. They rang the doctor who is going round to see her today. This could be a stroke although at this stage they don't think so. I am just reorganising my day to get in there. Times like this become logistically difficult. I need to clone myself. At present they are keeping her comfortable and keeping her in bed. It is difficult because of course she can't tell them how she feels or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment