Saturday, January 10, 2015

Old friends

George and three others he went to school with have remained close friends over the years. We found out yesterday that one of these friends has just died. He had Parkinson disease but was still at home. This is the second of the four in the last couple of years. The other one now. Lives in Tauranga. He was the one who luckily rang to let us know of this death for which I am very grateful as I did not look at the paper and we may have missed it. This made me realise how important it is that old friends are notified at the times. George would have been devastated if he had missed the funeral. George is very upset about this and I will take him to the funeral on Monday. There are others who George went to school with who he hears from regularly, one lives in Perth while the others are scattered around. Unfortunately most have now passed on.

It was very hot here yesterday and I have found that the hot weather tires out both Mum and George. After I got home from seeing Mum yesterday I got George some lunch and a milk shake and then he decided to go to bed for a nanny nap. At the home I was not able to wake Mum up for very long. When she did,briefly, wake up her eyes were not seeing me or her surroundings but were focused on something we can't see.

No comments:

Post a Comment