Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Different times of the day

Sometimes George will wake up and the bottom lip is slack. I have recognised that this means he will be confused. The caregivers have to be very patient with him at these times. When this happens he rarely improves during the day so I need to make allowances for this. I will often suggest he take a nap during the day.

Other days he will wake and be quite with it. During these times he likes to talk and have someone around with him. He also likes to go out for coffee or a milk shake. When we do this he expects to also have something to eat so this exercise can be quite expensive. During the day if he gets tired his bottom lip will gradually become slack. I find he needs to go to bed around 8. This means I start to get him ready about 7.30.

Something I intensely dislike is having to clean his rear end! Let me tell you it is not at all like doing it for a small child! I make sure I have plenty of baby wipes as well as nice soap for me and plastic gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment