Tuesday, December 16, 2014

What a day

This morning I emptied George's bag, all good! We had a community nurse coming round at 10 o'clock as George had a caregiver coming to take him for coffee at 11.30. At 10 I drained his bag and nearly took off - there was blood in the urine. I wondered if something had happened during his shower this morning but thought, great the nurse should be here in a minute. She turned up an hour late. She explained how to change the bag for the night bag - did what I was told tonight but could not get the day bag out the way it was supposed to and George was in pain so I gave up, I will drain the bag during the night. It is all very well but there must be a trick to this.

The nurse organised for me to take George back to the doctor later this afternoon.

George went out with the caregiver while I went to Mum's home for a family Xmas afternoon. I am pleased I did as she was awake and alert and I would hate her to think we didn't care. George was dropped at the home and then I took him to the doctor. He does have an infection and he has been given antibiotics.

Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment