Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Hospital

Yesterday George went out for a coffee with a person from Healthcare. While he was in the car on the way home he suddenly told her that he was not well and clutched on to the seat. The two of us got him out of the car and to the doorway of the flat when he just wouldn't go any further. I raced and got a chair and brought it to the doorway and we finally got him into the chair. He was white as a ghost and his skin was very clammy. I felt his pulse and it was racing. I rang an ambulance and they came out. They took him into the hospital and I followed in a car. I did not go in the ambulance as there is no one here to help me and I have to be able to get home. It is also very difficult to get a park near the hospital. I got in there and they found that George has an irregular heart beat but they were not really sure just what was going on. A nurse and I both explained to the doctor that if George took another turn during the night or tried to get out of bed then I would not be able to cope on my own as he is pretty big compared to me and I would need someone else to help me, these are certainly times when it is so hard managing on your own. George was not able to stand on his own even holding on to something, he needed people to hold him up.

It was the same the morning I found that Mum had lain on the floor to relieve the pain in her back and she couldn't get up, nor could I get her up. I got George to come and help me and the two of us were not able to manage it. Finally we got someone else to help and it took all three of us to get her up. By that time her blood pressure was through the roof. In that case we also had to ring an ambulance.

The hospital plans to release George home this morning after a doctor has checked him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment