Friday, December 12, 2014

Up and dressed

George woke up this morning and I quickly took him to the toilet and emptied the catheter. He is very confused so we went quickly to the lounge to have coffee, fresh fruit and cereal as getting some food into him often seems to help.

After breakfast I got a bucket with warm water to give him a wash and got him dressed. He now seems a bit happier. I have to go to Mum's home this morning so will talk to the caregivers and nurse there on things I need to do and things to watch for. At this time I am not sure whether to continue using a onesie at nights or whether to use pyjamas. I think the onesie as I do not want him trying to get the catheter out.

To try to help with confusion I also keep plenty of jelly beans around to keep the blood sugar level up, he is not diabetic but they do seem to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment