Thursday, December 25, 2014

Respite care

I took George in to respite care on Wednesday. The people at the home are monitoring him to see if he needs a higher level of care. We had a long discussion about his condition. They will let me know how things go.

Yesterday, Christmas Day, I went to Mum's home and then I went to George's home. He had wanted to stay in bed and they were just about to get him up and dressed for Christmas dinner. He opened his presents. I had got him a big hat box filled with memorabilities about Audrey Hepburn and a set of DVDs. I was so thrilled to find that in a shop as I had never seen anything like it before and she is one of his favourite people. We were lucky enough to meet her many years ago and I took photos of the two of them having a long chat. He got presents his son sent which included some photos which we put in his blue memory book. I left him relaxed and cheerful as the staff were taking him in to have a shower.

They are going to put on a DVD for him later.

No comments:

Post a Comment