Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Lesson learnt

Facebook has its uses but I am very careful about any photos or videos I put up. As you will have seen I do not put up videos or photos of George on this blog as I do not want others to ridicule him in any way. There are photos of George on there, by others, and comments about how he looks now which are certainly not complimentary and mention such things as how he has aged and was using a walking stick. I would not like George to see this. While I don't show him things like this I don't like seeing people doing this sort of thing. Facebook. I would never dream of putting personal comments about a person out there for everyone to see although so many these days think it is acceptable. Unfortunately Facebook is not secure and I am not a fan of putting many photos on and certainly not photos of others. People are welcome to put up photos of themselves.

I found a lovely old picture of George's grandmother which I scanned and emailed to family members; guess where it ended up. I won't be doing that again. Very sad as I have been making small videos with George talking about various things in his life and was going to edit and send them to the family but don't want them ending up on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment