Friday, December 12, 2014

Proud

I am very proud of myself.

On Wednesday they put a catheter in George. They told me on Thursday that they had taken it out again, what they never bothered to tell me was that they put it back in again! I have never had anything to do with these. I had no idea what to do. As we did not get home until late this afternoon I immediately rang the doctor's surgery and am seeing the nurse on Monday but that didn't help me over the weekend.

I looked up on the internet on how to empty it. Went down to the chemist to get some alcohol wipes and spoke to the people down there, none of them knew how to do it. Got the general idea from the internet so after tea got George into the toilet and got us ready to empty this thing.

Problem: couldn't find the pocket they were talking about in the instructions. I tried to unscrew a bit I found (quite the wrong thing to do).

I then went back to the internet and found myself a video which was about a catheter and while it was not on my problem it gave me enough of a guide that I was able to then work out what I needed.

All sorted now!

The bit at the bottom pushes left to right but does not come apart like I was trying to do.

What a learning journey the last four years have been although I have to say that none of it has been anything I ever wanted to know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment