Saturday, December 13, 2014

A day for George

Something that is quite difficult is to keep taking the time out to continually amuse George. I do realise how important it is to do this but the carer will often be very aware of all the other things that need doing. George has not been capable of providing any sort of assistance so everything inside and out depends on me.

Today I took him down to Brighton with me to get some more cleaners. I am very aware of making sure things are clean ( although rarely tidy). I get soaps for example with sanitisers in them and I use a lot of bleach and Dettol.

When we came home I took him outside to sit in the sun for a while as I am a firm believer that we all need vitamin D. I got him a drink and some biscuits. I have found that it is best to give him one biscuit at a time as if I give him more than one he leaves bits from each biscuit. I am not sure why this is but it may be that he forgets about the one he is eating and just goes on to the next or if he thinks he should leave a bit if each one.

He seems to be a lot happier today than he has been since his turn and did tell me today that it frightened him. The catheter obviously can get uncomfortable but we are managing.

I have an occupational therapist coming round in the morning and I am taking George to the nurse at the doctor's surgery tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment