Sunday, December 28, 2014

Visiting

As a child I always worried about everyone else and especially about people being lonely and feeling on their own with no one to care for them. I find that I feel exactly the same at this age. I know that one of the people whose wife was in Mum's home, worried dreadfully that if he died first then no one would visit her. I worry about that for George as really the only person he has is me. Mum is in a similar position although people have been visiting her every day since she went in to the home. I am not sure if this would continue if I died or not. Also her other daughters have come to visit from Australia several times each year. Even though I am no longer sure how much she understands I am sure that on some level she is aware that some one of her 'very own' is there. We were very concerned that she never felt that we had dumped her there.

Today I visited George and we chatted and had a coffee. I also took a Christmas present to a friend of Mum's who also has Alzheimer's and is in a home. She never had children and her husband died many years ago. I have been feeling guilty as I haven't been to see her for a while. Another cup of coffee and a chat. I will try to see her again soon as she was so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment