Saturday, March 31, 2012

Oysters

 I went to mum in the morning but we didn't go out as it was raining heavily. We sat and looked through magazines and her books. She can be very lucid at times but extremely confused 2 seconds later. She does not understand why my father is not sleeping in her room with her.

One of my old students came to visit yesterday while on a trip home from Sydney. She brought around a dozen oysters which George has just had. He loves them. He had some trouble opening the pottle - he was trying to take the top off with a can opener.

 He and my student had a long chat and he told her all about his Alzheimer's and the things we are doing to help him. He was very positive about it so that was good.

Unfortunately, last night he went to the toilet on the bathroom floor again. I leave lights on but it doesn't always work.

No comments:

Post a Comment