Thursday, March 8, 2012

Infections

The home rang last night to let me know that they are treating mum for a urine infection. I had suspected that she had one as she has been very confused. This is a problem for these people and it does lead to a lot of confusion.

Took George out with me to the Alzheimer's society this morning as I have said that I will take others in the car when I am taking him to the memory clinic etc. As soon as we got home he poured himself a drink. I am finding bottles all over the place. Although he knows it does not help his condition he is still drinking a lot.

I guess it is hard if you are not here to understand what is going with people with this disease. When you are talking to them you can often not tell that there is anything wrong. That perception would only last a short time if people were actually with them. It is not easy for those living in other places to face the reality of what is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment