Sunday, March 25, 2012

Coffee time

After George got dressed this morning  I took him to the home to meet mum's cousin and get mum to take them out for coffee and cakes. Initially mum didn't know who her cousin was and then kept calling him by his father's name - Uncle Frank!

 I must say that it took me five toll calls yesterday to organise things to take mum out today (usually I take her out tomorrow) and get phone numbers - time consuming but luckily got it sorted.

Mum enjoyed her outing and then when we went back we all looked at her book. She turned her nose up at lunch as it was 'smelly' - pumpkin soup followed by mince. I just told her to eat what she wants as I see no point in pushing that - she had quite a bit to eat when we went out.

George enjoyed himself but it is hard to ensure that he doesn't say something to upset mum, for example I am not saying about the death or that her friend is in Christchurch as I am not sure that the friend will have time to visit her. It gets all very difficult at times.


No comments:

Post a Comment