Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It never rains but it pours

This morning when George got up I told him that Mark would be here soon to help him dress. He told me that he was off to Wellington to the Rugby Union. Luckily he seemed to forget that conversation pretty quickly.

I went to the funeral this afternoon and was very pleased that I had gone as Mum used to stay with some of them when she was at high school and so they were pleased to have me there as Mum's representative.  It was very sad but it sounds as though she too had dementia and was getting to the point of needing to go into care and so took this way out - very understandable but quite hard on the family.

When I got home I found George had been to Brighton to go to the coffee shop for toasted sandwiches and coffee. When he got home he had got out a whole heap of stuff which is all over the place so guess what I will be doing tomorrow morning - we have a visitor coming in the afternoon. 

I had a ring tonight from one of the people we pay to go and visit mum each week and unfortunately she has had a car accident and will be out of action for some time - she is not hurt but does not have the transport. Mum needs to have someone going in each day so I will need to take up the slack although I think I will try not going one day a week and see how that goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment