Saturday, March 24, 2012

Friends

As mum has not been herself this past week I rang the home to check on how she was on Friday. They told me she was her usual self. I went in the next morning but found that she was still very quiet and placid which is not like mum. I took in food which she loves but she only just picked at it. We watched a movie together which she seemed to enjoy. There did not seem anything wrong but just not her usual self.

When I got home I found that one of mum's best friends had just rung from Rotorua. She was just boarding a plane to come here as her sister had died. I will need to go to the funeral to represent mum and our family. As well mum's cousin has come over from Australia and will meet mum and me for coffee while he is here. 

I do have to remind George to ensure he does his exercises but they are all ones he is capable of doing so he does realise the benefits of doing them. One of his old friends is coming round to see him so he is excited about that. This person was at school with George and then became a teacher. He taught me at high school!

There are certainly times when I am just trying to do all the things I need to do for mum and George and hoping like hell I don't forget to do it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment