Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Going out

This morning George and I went to some neighbours for morning tea. We went out to the car. If there is anything on the passenger's seat George will stand there until I remove it for him to sit down. I had a piece of paper on the seat so I removed that and we got into the car. I backed out. I need to go to the toilet says George. OK, I tell him, I will just go down to our house to pick some flowers to take with us. I opened the garage door so he could go back inside. When I got back I asked him if he had been to the toilet but he hadn't as the door was locked. In front of us was the garage door open but he had gone to go in the front door. Got him in to the toilet and then we left.

We had a nice time with the neighbours who are in a similar situation as the husband also has Alzheimer's. However when I told her about George she was telling me that her husband wears a bag. George is not that far down the track yet but I guess it will come.

It is great though to have made this connection as it gives the two of them some social interaction.

As soon as we got home George poured himself another wine. If I don't watch he will pour one early in the morning. The doctor suggested that he limit himself to two a day. George has got around this one by using a large tumbler. As the doctor said to me there is not a lot I can do about it but we can but try to encourage him to drink less.

George has gone for an afternoon sleep which does help with the alcohol consumption...

No comments:

Post a Comment