Saturday, February 18, 2012

Visit away

I have just got home from my visit away and nothing untoward appears to have happened. George was able to take his meal out of the fridge last night to eat it and a neighbour checked to make sure he was all right. However in the middle of the night he appeared to expect me home and could not find the phone number of the place where I was staying and therefore he woke the neighbours to see if they had the number. He apparently rang but must have got an answer phone.

He obviously felt insecure when I wasn't here - this is what he said.  This is going to mean that I need alternatives if I want to go away.

I found that he had drunk 3 bottles of wine in the 36 hours I was away!!

An interesting view point regarding how families cope is in today's society is that people are now living in different places so the extended family are no longer there to help support each other. It is very scary to think about what will happen to me in the long term as my extended family are all gone. I guess each family is becoming very insular but at some point families do need to help and support each other - people need to be able to rely on each other. While friends are great and can help and support in many ways is nice to be able to think that each one of us does in fact matter to other members of the family. It is important too for the children to know their grandparents equally as each can play an important role in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment