Sunday, February 19, 2012

Gardens for coffee

Mark was round to help George with dressing this morning. George tries to keep wearing his pyjamas under his other clothes so it is great when Mark is there to help him and guide him with his dressing.

Took George to the Gardens for coffee today with the Alzheimer's group. George really enjoys doing this and chats away to all the others, it is very sociable.

I am trying to get respite care for while I am away at a family wedding. I have told George about this but he is not too keen but I need him to get used to the idea that that is what is going to happen. I rang the hospital today to get onto someone to come up to do a needs assessment quickly. I explained my circumstances and they were extremely sympathetic and said that I certainly needed to get some respite. I will start ringing some of the homes tomorrow to see where he can go.

George has three children by a previous marriage and I am trying keep them informed about his progress as none of them live here. I think it is important that all members of the family are aware of what is happening and that families support each other as much as they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment