Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tidying up

Today I took mum out to have a coffee, feed the ducks and then go to a vege place where they sell berry ice creams (which she loves). She is still continually telling me that she wants her own place which always makes me feel guilty even though I know she is in the only place that can cope with her needs. It is really hard.

When I got home I found that George had pulled all the books out of the book case so I had to put them all back again. This happens all the time and makes more work. I know that he tries to help but really he makes a lot of extra work. He does not alway look at the whiteboard and I need to remind him to do that.

I try to encourage George to have a lie down in the afternoons as he gets tired. 

One of the reasons I started this blog was so that our families would be able to keep up to date with his progress and know what is happening. It is interesting to note who, in the family, looks at the blog.

Another reason I started it is that I know I have found it really helpful to know how other people manage and what they do to help the person with Alzheimer's as well as finding out how the Alzheimer's progresses in different people.

No comments:

Post a Comment