Thursday, February 9, 2012

Soiling

Unfortunately last night George soiled himself. I am not too sure what happened but he got it all over:
  • The duvet cover
  • His pyjama pants
  • His track pants
  • A pair of trousers
  • The cushion on the lounge chair
  • A shirt
  • A T shirt
When I asked him about it he said it was because of the weather and it was happening all over the world. Let me tell you, this sort of thing is no fun for you and very embarrassing for the person with Alzheimer's.

This sort of thing makes life difficult for the caregiver. It makes me realise that going away is not an option. I had hoped to take him away with me when I go away with work but I am not sure that this is going to be able to happen.

George is so lucid most of the time and then something like this happens and you know that he is not going to get better.

I am trying very hard to encourage him to:

  • exercise
  • write his memories
  • not drink alcohol too much
  • eat regularly
  • do things to use the brain

No comments:

Post a Comment