Saturday, February 11, 2012

Rewards

 Yesterday I took the cat to the Home for mum. I have found that those with Alzheimer's love animals and kids! Mum loves having the cat sit on her knee although she did get bored with her quite quickly. I suspect that was because two young men came into the Home to see another resident and mum has obviously got to know them on previous visits so she was chattering away to them (across the room) and winking at them.

George did not drink much yesterday and certainly not during the day and has it made a difference!! Last night we went to a restaurant for tea which was lovely. George had smoked salmon which he adores. He had wine with his meal but that was it.

Today he has woken up so much better. He is walking better - with a spring in his step and he has been to the toilet - no difficulties with that today. It is so pleasing as he is so much better, I need to encourage and ensure that he keeps this up!! As I said to him if we can't get this toileting under control I won't be able to take him away if I need to go away for work and he loves to do that. I guess it is the rewards that he can achieve is what I need to get him to concentrate on.

No comments:

Post a Comment