Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Alzheimer's and alcohol

Unfortunately George likes to drink wine and, to a lesser extent, gin and tonic. For a person with Alzheimer's alcohol is not a great idea as he just sits and will go to sleep in the chair with the glass still in his hand.This morning George woke before me (I was woken by several earthquakes during the night) and when I went out I found George with a glass of wine!!

Today I suggested to George that he vacuum the hall. He got the vacuum out but it would not start - he did not have it plugged in. He had some difficulty plugging it in but with some help this was achieved. He then had trouble starting it as he was standing on the starting button and starting it up but leaving his foot on the button and then when he finally released it he would actually depress the button again and turn it off!! We finally got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment