Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A better day for George

George felt as though he was on top of things today. He showered and shaved on his own and got dressed - he was really pleased with himself. We went to get some groceries and stopped in to get some DVDs and books from the library - George does not read books although he skims through non-fiction material. He also got out some DVDs to watch.

 Each night I write on the whiteboard:
  1. the day
  2. the date
  3. each thing that George needs to do
  4. anything we are doing together (and the time if appropriate)
  5. anything I am doing so he knows where I am and what I am doing

Without being prompted he consulted the whiteboard to see what he needed to do and did it - gradually he is starting to go there without my suggesting it. It just helps him to feel in control and gives him a sense of satifaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment