Sunday, February 1, 2015

Stress

When George came home from respite care he was still extremely confused. Since then I have benn trying to keep things very calm and in routine. He does not cope with people rushing around and talking quickly and loudly, mum was the same. I have found that most of those with Alzheimer's are the same. It is better to agree with them and try to divert them rather than treat them as though they don't know what they are talking about or in a condescending manner. Nothing is more irritating to anyone let alone someone who is struggling to make sense of the world. Some people react to stress by aggressively loudly verbally attacking others. It is so unnecessary and achieves very little except making the aggressor feel 'in control', I find this extremely difficult to deal with let alone someone with Alzheimer's. A quiet reasoned soothing voice tone is required.

Today trying to keep this calm atmosphere and giving George lots of attention and the phone goes. Now you may have heard the saying, it never rains but it pours! It is true!

I got a phone call to say that a hacker from China had got into my bank account and was trying to transfer money out. Now I use three different banks for Mum and us. I then had to get on to each bank to stop anyone accessing all accounts and I also rang the police so they could try trace them. Phone calls took me over four hours. These automated desks are so useless.

Obviously a virus, I had been trying to clean mysmartsearch earlier - very nasty. I  had uninstalled the programme which had installed itself and I also had done a virus scan and cleaned the registry to no avail resulting in what happened this morning.

Stress, I felt very stressed. I had to be very careful and still give George attention and keep a calm gentle voice - I have certainly been doing this for over four years. Having no one else to listen to me I can't really do anything Anyway so there is no use worrying about it.

I have got my computer in being cleaned so all will end well I am pleased to say. Thank God I do know what I am doing, despite what anyone else may think, otherwise the outcome may not have been so good.

Result now is that I have got things sorted and George is a lot less confused than he was when he came home on Saturday. Just keep things calm, do things slowly and methodically and everything will turn out OK in the end,fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment