Friday, February 6, 2015

A normal day

The lovely weather is back again after the southerly yesterday so that was great. George had a good sleep last night so he is not too bad today. I do find that I need to give him food and drink at regular intervals throughout the day. This keeps him happy. I am not sure why, but eating biscuits or some thing similar he eats it all except a bite sized piece or two from each biscuit. . Maybe he thinks he is supposed to. Plates therefore are left with several bite sized pieces on them. I have to continually stop whatever I am trying to do to get him the food and drink as he is not capable of doing this.

He has a cousin who is now 101 and has been living alone and looking after herself until now. Her daughter rang this morning and said that they had put her into a home. She has been in hospital with some physical problems although she does not have dementia. She is really upset as she did not want to die in a home, it is such a shame as none of the family are willing to help with her care, very understandable as they have their own lives to lead. It certainly made me think about the guilt I felt, and still feel, that I was unable to keep Mum at home on my own. A lot of people do not take this step if there is anything else they can do.

One of my sisters got a speeding ticket driving Mum's car while they were here. This time I am writing in to try to get out of it as last time one of them got a ticket it cost me $200.

In between getting George's needs met I have been able to achieve quite a bit today! I took him to Brighton for a coffee and pie. I have changed his bed, I have done some gardening including planting yams which I thought would be lovely to have when one of the sisters was here, done two lots of washing and some tidying up ( that doesn't last cos good old George then pulls stuff out all over the place - I can but try ).

1 comment:

  1. Di, I don't know when you find the time and energy to write these posts, but they are beautiful and touching. Thank you for all you do. What an inspiration you are. <3

    ReplyDelete