Thursday, February 5, 2015

Independence

Something I find really important is for me to be up and about before George, this ensures that things go like clockwork when awakes and I can spend the time giving him his breakfast and other things and spend the time then attending to his needs in a calm way. Unfortunately with Mum' death I have been pretty tired and have not been waking early which certainly has not helped. I am now starting to wake before him and it is really easy to see how much difference this makes. Although he was always a late riser now he gets up as early as 4 a.m. but usually he now rises generally between 5 and 6 a.m.

Some of George's caregivers are better than others. The caregiver knew we were going out but dressed him in slippers. I brought him out his shoes and told him to put his shoes on. He pushed one foot into his shoe with the slipper still on. I had to get him to take off one slipper, then the other, then put on one shoe and finally the last one. He was obviously wanting me to do it for him. It is important not to do this and insist on him doing it himself even though it takes me the time to supervise. If I do put them on it makes any indepence quickly go.

No comments:

Post a Comment