Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Time

All sorts of things take so much time and at the same time I am trying to keep George into a routine and of course he doesn't understand why I need to be doing other things. After the problems with the computer on Monday I had to go to get the computer back. After that I had to visit two banks and prove my identity to unfreeze these accounts - this is not a two minute job. I have another bank to go to next week and have an appointment there. Before going to the banks ( George was in the car ) I bought a milk shake for him and gave him some magazines to look at while I was doing this. He was very happy with this. After this I took him his favourite cafe for a chicken and cranberry pie with a coffee which he loves doing. The wind was very strong and although it was a warm day he was not particularly happy going from the car to the cafe and back we managed it. We then returned home and I was able to the routine until late afternoon when a person from the hospital decided to visit us to show us how to use his new walker. At this time I am generally preparing the evening meal as I need to get this on the table when he is ready, you cannot be very flexible as you probably normally are. I try to run things like clockwork as things are better for him and he is happier when I do. He is a lot better than he was at the weekend.

With Mum's death there are lots of things I need to do and I am trying to make appointments and things in the time I have when he is at his club. I had papers to sign yesterday and was able to have these emailed. I then printed, signed, scanned and emailed back. Takes time too but a lot less than going to do it and a lot less messing around. What did we do before home computers were the norm?

No comments:

Post a Comment