Sunday, February 8, 2015

In and out

We have comings and going today; the morning carer for George's shower, later came a nurse to change George's catheter bag and then this afternoon a guy to go over some exercises with George. All went well, just as well that I have got George quite used to doing what I tell him, he never questions it and just relies on me telling him what is happening and when. I talked to the nurse today about some plaster strips which have a valcoe across the top. George mucks around a lot and somehow pulls the tube down and can get in intense pain which means I have to carefully get a plaster off and rearrange it, the valcoe one makes it easy to that. She is dropping some off to me tomorrow. Despite these people I was still able to keep routines going so all is good. George has also been walking up and down practising with his walker!

I am meeting the lawyer tomorrow. They had organised this meeting and then sent me an email to say that a paper that needs to be signed needs a death certificate which we do not have yet. They went on to say that it could be signed by someone who had been at the funeral ( I assume where the body was ) and of course we did not have a funeral or ( and this one stopped me in my tracks ) someone who had seen her after death. I just sat for ages before I replied! I hated seeing both my mother and father's bodies. It is so final. They are not there. Finally I emailed back that I could do it but I have to say it was not a good feeling.

After that I got on the web and booked myself a week's holiday on the Gold Coast at the end of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment