Sunday, February 15, 2015

Fun and games

Last night I found George wandering around in the pitch dark on his walker. I said to him that it was the middle of the night and he needed to go back to bed.

"there's been a terrible accident"

"in Tangiwai" - this actually happened in 1952

I told him that we would find out about in the morning and that the authorities were there looking after things.

"but I have to write the story"

and off he went.

I told him that was OK and off he went wandering around until he finally went back to bed.

Don't argue, just play along with whatever is going on in their head.

Unfortunately when he wandered out this morning he had got the night bag off the catheter. Luckily it was not very full and I was able to clean it up reasonably quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment