Sunday, November 2, 2014

Advice

When George started having continence problems his morning caregiver told me to get him into a continence clinic which is done via a doctor. They are then able to get you pads etc to help - this is a big help as these are VERY expensive. He told me to get as many as I could and any extra to store in the garage and that I would need these later.

Later has come.

George now has pull-ups. the allowance is 4 per day (and night). I have been changing George up to 5 times a day!! This is not every day but...

I have talked to the carers at my mother's home and they have similar problems with several male residents there. There is not a lot you can do about it as these people think that they are doing the right thing but they take their pants down and then piddle over everything (some in the toilet, some on the floor and some on their clothes and pull-up.

I am just thankful I have plenty of pull-ups not to worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment