Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Strange behaviours

You will often find that people with Alzheimer's have some very strange behaviours - they know exactly what they are doing even if you don't and unlike children it can be almost impossible to stop them.

Last night in the middle of tea George got up and took his plate into the kitchen. He then started cutting it up and putting small pieces on a whole lot of plates. When I asked what he was doing he told me it was for everyone.

I explained it was all for him and got him back to the table however he kept repeating this behaviour several times until I figured he had had enough and just told him I would look after it.

You often have this sort of thing and just need to go with the flow and let them do so much before stepping in so that they feel they  have accomplished what they wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment