Monday, November 24, 2014

Long morning

George of tens wakes up - and gets up - early in the morning, for example at 4.30. Sometimes I am able to get him back to bed but not always. As his carers do not arrive until several hours later this can be a time of restlessness. I have found that the best way to deal with this to get his breakfast a bit at a time and spread it out as long as I can. First he has his coffee and his pill. Next comes fresh fruit. Then I get him cereal. Last, but not least, I get toast or muffins.  This takes some time but often there are two plus hours to wait. Talking about things that are going on, personal things such as what is happening that day generally works but it does mean that you are doing things you may want to.

There is little point however in doing the washing before the caregiver has come so that is the first thing I do as soon as the caregiver goes. If we then need to get out straight away then getting that washing out is the first thing I do as soon as I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment