Thursday, November 13, 2014

Interesting times

As I have said before when George's bottom lip is slack he is going to have a confused day. This morning the caregiver found that he wasn't too sure about simple instructions, foe example to wash his hands.

It was one of the days I visit my mother so I took him with me as it is a holiday here today and the person he usually goes to have morning tea with and to have a chat would have lots of people there.

I got both him and Mum a milkshake each which they both love. Usually I grab a coffee, which is free for an old person like me, but today the coffee machine was broken so they told me that they would have two for me next time! They know me very well there. One day and new person was serving. I heard one of the others saying something which I didn't quite catch. She told that the others had told her to watch out for me and how regular I was! I suggested that maybe they were being rude about me but she assured me that they weren't. We always have a bit of a chat and I get on pretty well with them. At the home they also gave George some sandwiches for lunch which he enjoyed.

Tomorrow is also a day I go to Mum so hopefully he can have a Mr Gormsby day while I am away.

Unfortunately, despite having his pull-ups on, the bed, including the mattress were soaking. I also have more plastic over the protector and then an old towel before the sheet. George must have been twisting and turning as the towel was soaked as was the mattress protector but that had done its job. Two loads of washing. Luckily I got the first lot done and out before we left.

The strange thing is that other days he can be really on the ball and knows a lot of what is going on. He certainly still recognises everyone.

Yesterday I went and read Roald Dahl poetry to the people at the club George goes to. Most of them loved them and were cracking up. I read for an hour and many of them would have liked me to continue with some more. I used all the voices the kids used to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment