Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Memory is so random

On Monday I took George to the bank. He loves going there and having a chat to the tellers. On Monday the teller told George that the old editor at the Press had died. George talked about it all day and I bought the paper so he could cut out the bit about Binnie. After George retired he used to go for lunch every Friday with Binnie and some others from the Press. I called them the Old Farts club.

At tea time on Monday George came out with his jacket on ready to go to the funeral! I explained it was not for a few days. Tuesday he got ready for the funeral and said about Binnie's funeral several times. I kept telling him that it was 'tomorrow'. This morning (Wednesday) I told him that we are going to Binnie's funeral today. He has no idea what I am talking about. I told him that Binnie had died. I reminded him that the teller at the bank had told him then. He remembered that and I said 'well today is his funeral'. George then wanted to know what he had been doing since he died! I tried to explain all these questions very simply. He said he was very confused - understatement of the year.


You just have to go along with it all. It is very strange how they can be pretty with it and then suddenly way off the beam. This is one of the reasons why it is hard for people to try to 'have them on' as they are just unable to process it.

No comments:

Post a Comment