Friday, April 13, 2012

Stomach problems

George still has his stomach upset. I have given him bland foods to help him. I am not sure where he got this from or what he has eaten. He is not unwell but just has a lot of problems with going to the toilet. What I am not sure about is if this is part of the disease or to do with his drinking. He is certainly getting into a lot of a mess so I am doing loads of washing.  I have found poo on his clothes, in the bed, on the floor, on chairs and on cushions; he seems quite oblivious to it. There is certainly no way I would feel comfortable about going away anywhere with him. Unfortunately these toilet issues make it really difficult in the home so I need to talk to someone about this and see if they have any ideas. He is still having his wine. He was supposed to have a lady round this morning to see him about the exercises he is doing but as he was not too good I put her off.

My grandchildren are in Christchurch at the moment and so I was lucky enough to be able to spend some time with them. We went out for lunch, then to the skateboard park (they love that) and finally to the home to see mum. Mum was in bed having a sleep. She is very tired at the moment and certainly not her usual self. She knew who the boys were and they said that they would like to go and see her again on Tuesday before they go home so that is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment