Saturday, April 21, 2012

Phone calls and Skype

After George had been to the doctor one of his son's rang that night. George told me it made him feel as though he cared (the son). These things really do matter.

Today I got someone he used to work with on Skype and they chatted for three quarters of an hour. George liked the opportunity to have a great conversation with this person. The beauty of Skype is that you can have the video on and see the other person.  This social interaction is important.

Something I have found is that those with Alzheimer's love to have one on one with someone. They like all the attention focused on them. Unfortunately this is not always possible but it certainly seems to help them.

George also loves to chose a DVD to watch in the evenings. This means that I generally go to bed to watch the programmes I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment