Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hoarder

George is a hoarder and always has been. Before the earthquake we had a big home so it wasn't so bad but now we have moved to a smaller home. I have ensured that he has a whole wardrobe to himself plus a big dresser but still... He is constantly going up to our old house and bringing down rubbish which we have no where to put it all. It is really frustrating as I have to do all the housework and gardening as well as everything else and at times I just feel that as fast as I tidy he puts more rubbish around.  Also once he has stuff down here he constantly pulls it out and goes through it. I then have to remind him to put it away (or I do). This also happens a lot when I go out to see mum for example. I do realise it is all part of the disease but it can get frustrating - it is like when the kids are little and leave their toys all over the house.

The big difference between being a caregiver for the kids and for an Alzheimer's person is that the kids are going to grow up while the Alzheimer's patient is only going to get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment