Friday, January 3, 2014

Walking stick left behind

Today I went to see mum and she was sound asleep. She had the caregivers trying to get some yoghurt into her for her breakfast. They spent a lot of time and trouble and were certainly not shovelling food into her but it was extremely hard going. I find it quite distressing to see her like this - which is becoming more the norm. I do realise that when another one of the people we have going to see Mum is not able to I do not need to go but it worries me in case it is one of the days when she is awake. These are the days when she really wants and needs the one on one attention

I also realise that this is what will happen to George. I find things extremely confronting and for me it is constant.

When I got home I found George had gone to Brighton and had a coffee and then went to get himself some wine (2 casks) and returned home without his walking stick (once again). I then had to go and retrace his steps and luckily found it. I know that these things do not sound like much but they take a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment