Friday, January 31, 2014

Continence pads

The pads are working well for George. I am sure that these make him feel more secure. I tell him regularly that they do not come off and we have been over (many times) about going to the toilet.

I am happy that soon an old teacher of mine is coming to stay for a few days. Strangely enough he was in George's class at school so he always meets up with George when in Christchurch. He now lives in Perth (has lived in Aussi for many years) but remains a New Zealander and comes back at least once a year and catches up with old friends. It is always nice to see him. Later on the daughter of one of my mother's school friends is coming over to bury the ashes of her parents out at Darfield. She will also stay with me while she is here which will be lovely for me. It is really lovely to have someone to chat to who does not have Alzheimer's. I explained to both of them the situation here but both said it would just be nice to see us, so that was nice.

At the end of last week I met a cousin from Wellington for coffee which was really lovely. Her grandson lives here in Christchurch. She said to me how our mothers would love to know we were meeting up as family meant so much to both of them.

My poor mother does not show a lot of recognition any more. It is there sometimes but it is becoming less frequent. Language is ninety per cent gone with just the odd thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment