Saturday, January 11, 2014

Knowing where family members are

When my father died only my mother and I were in the same city. We had to contact other family members which is not always easy. At the same time there are a lot of other things that you have to start arranging straight away such as an undertaker etc. At the time we had to get the police to try to find my son. They asked me a simple question: what is the licence plate number of his car? I didn't know so then I had to try to find that one out. I admit that the police were fantastic and rang me frequently throughout the day. He was staying in an area out of cell phone range. Eventually he went out and was able to retrieve his voice messages. To be honest it was quite stressful. I guess because of this I do like to know where family members are and how to contact them.

Particularly when I have two to worry about...

No comments:

Post a Comment