Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Sometimes you have to laugh

I have been going to a group for people who have just put someone into care in a home. I have met some of these people previously at other courses.

Today was the last day of this course but we are going to meet together as it is really good to talk to people who are walking in similar shoes, others may think they know what it is like but the reality is that they don't.

One of the women, Jane, has put her husband into a home. He loves it and thinks it is a hotel. That is lovely but the downside of this is he regularly accuses her (in front of everyone) of running a brothel so she can pay for the 'hotel'. As I said to her today, maybe I need to work for her to help pay for George's care. 

It is good to be able to laugh at things.


2 comments:

  1. I agree Susan.

    George and Mum both loved being able to laugh 'in the moment' or about shared past memories.

    It is important for everyone to be able to see the funny side of situations.

    I can imagine you and your Mum sharing lots of laughs.

    ReplyDelete