Saturday, June 18, 2016

It all happens at once

the last few weeks have been so busy, now I have time to catch up on a few things.

George stayed in the rest home after his respite care. He is well looked after there and is happy. When this happened his son, from Sydney, came over and the three of us spent three great days going out together. George just loved it and continued to talk about his visit for some time after the visit. He was a great help to me to sorting out some of George's papers for me. It is a visit George's son will also treasure.

I have been visiting most days. Sometimes it is only a short visit other days we go out for coffee and he enjoys a toasted sandwich. Some days he is very confused and has no idea who anyone is or what is going on, other days we look at his books and he talks a lot about things he did. He is getting very fragile and I am not sure how much longer I can take him out. We would be in a lot of trouble if he falls.

The flat is packed into boxes and is stored in our old house and garages. I have set up a bed sitting room in our old house. It is nice and warm which is important. Also I can check on the builders.

I allowed someone to live in the old house rent free for a year and I must say he was very reluctant to leave. Prior to that I allowed another couple to occupy it rent free for two years. Of course I had to pay rent and the property owners costs for the flat. That helped to pay Mum's fees in the home. I am now having to pay for George. Since the earthquakes I have been caught between rocks and hard places. Of course all of this has seriously eaten into my investments.

4 comments:

  1. You are an angel. You can't take it with you when you go and there's no rent to pay in heaven. I understand this is of little consolation when the wolf is at the door, but... you are resourceful and you will manage <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I will. I find as I read your blog we are rather similar in so many ways, we don't stay down for long, we are always looking for ways to go forward. Seeing work start on the flat is pretty exciting and today George was so much more with it rather than being totally out of it as he was two days ago.

      Life is good

      Take care

      Di

      Delete
  2. Hope things ease for you at this challenging time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they will. It is just a time of readjustment. Thanks for your thoughts

      Delete