Monday, June 27, 2016

Sweet tooth

Something I have found with both Mum and George is that developed a sweet tooth. Mum always enjoyed a wide variety of foods while George always preferred savoury foods. After developing Alzheimer's both developed a real sweet tooth.

I was reminded of this yesterday when another wife visited her husband. She promised to take him out for an ice cream on Wednesday, he just loves going out for that ice cream.

I always have chocolate with me. Mum and George both love sucking on chocolate. Don't know how many cakes of chocolate I go through but it is a fair few.

I have always ensured that they have plenty of fizzy drinks such as lemonade and ginger beer. In addition to the juice the home gives them this keeps the fluid intake up. Both have been prone to urinary tract infections so this is important.

While Mum was borderline diabetic frankly I didn't take much notice of that. She loved going out for coffee and pavlova.

Quality of life...

No comments:

Post a Comment