Sunday, June 1, 2014

Catching up

I had a wonderful time when we had a friend to stay for a few days. It is so nice to have someone 'normal' to talk to. We went out quite a bit seeing the impact of the earthquake and having lunches. We also did a bit of shopping. I guess it is like a young mother but usually they have another adult round to speak to while I have no one.

Today was a public holiday. George is quite happy going to sleep or pulling everything out of cupboards! He also expects to be fed regularly...

Today I suggested that he play some quoits. That is something he likes to do. I have also saved cans and bought some balls from the $2 shop so he can play skittles. He won't do these things for long but at least it is something.

The new lady who takes him out on Wednesday afternoons (at 2 pm) is taking him for walks which is great for him. She is German and speaks with a thick accent but is lovely.

I find that I am constantly cleaning up after George - picking things up and putting them away, often the same thing several times. It is very time consuming. He has out about 4 pairs of shoes and 2 pairs of slippers in the lounge at the moment but always puts on two different ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment