Thursday, December 10, 2015

Achieving very little

This week I have had to change George's bed three times so far!!

One of the caregivers, I think, has poor eye sight so I have to go round after him as well, picking up clothes (and finding where he has dropped them). However George likes him which is important.

I do find that he gets very confused some days which makes life more difficult. Because I had to do things today which required being somewhere at a certain time (rather than work on his time) he just goes slower and slower and becomes more and more confused. He hates being hurried and I try not to do it although at times it is necessary. Really it takes me two or three times the amount of time as it does for other people. Today I asked him to sit at the table for tea - he wandered all over the place and did not know what I was talking about. In the end I had to take his hand and lead him to the table. Tomorrow he may be a bit better.

I find that the best way to deal with it is to lead him, gently, to where you want him to be.

Two other factors which may also be contributing to the confusion are:


  • respite care coming up
  • hot weather

No comments:

Post a Comment