Saturday, March 28, 2015

Not an easy day

Something I find interesting is that each of the people with Alzheimer's display a different sign which shows that they will be more confused than usual. With George it is his bottom lip goes slack. Other people who are not as intimately involved probably will not even notice these signs.

Yesterday it was a bottom lip day. After rushing round taking George to 3 different places associated with helping him I had not had much time at home the day before to do the things that needed to be done here. Unfortunately most of it did not happen yesterday either. When George is like this it is easier to do little bits and then attend to his needs. His language was really bad and he had a lot of difficulty getting his needs articulated. One of the things he wanted was for me to take him to the bank to get money. Mum was always obsessed with money too. I can assure you a lot of money goes missing when they have it....

George is like a prisoner and gets 'stir crazy' if he doesn't go out each day. As I needed a couple of things from the dairy we went out. He wanted to go to Brighton so I took him there. There are not a lot of shops for him there but I took him to a 'That's incredible' shop where he decided he wanted a dress up policeman's hat. He loves it so he added that to his collection of hats...

No comments:

Post a Comment