Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Birthday

George continues to go up and down. Some days he is difficult to deal with due to his confusion. He had his 81st birthday last weekend and I was able to make it enjoyable for him by taking him out which he loves. I made him a large canvas for his birthday with lots of photos on it. One of his friends, from Australia, rang and said to me afterwards that it was like talking to the old George.

Unfortunately we are now back to wearing the onesie back the front as he got out of it twice in the last week resulting in a bed change.

I have a lovely treat on Sunday night when my grandson came to stay for the night.

Sometimes life seem difficult and you feel very alone and when nothing you do or say is right.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Di,

    Yes, I have those days too – days when it feels like everything is going wrong and nothing's going right. In fact, I've had entire weeks, months, and years that feel like that.

    Thank God there's still joy to be found amidst all the tragedy. And thank God you keep finding it. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, so are you. I feel very lucky to have connected with someone like you and it seems in some ways our experiences are similar

    ReplyDelete