Sunday, March 1, 2015

A messy day

Yesterday started with the caregiver coming at 10.45 instead of 9.00. By the time he had George showered and dressed it was nearly lunch time. Then a nurse came to check on the catheter. All is well there.

Finally I took him to Brighton for a coffee as I had promised (while we were waiting for the caregiver! - bribery). Obviously by then the better part of the day had gone. As I went to get a park I saw a tradesman walking back to his van. As he went past I asked him if he was going and he said he was. I thanked him and said I would back into the park. As he drove past me he stopped the van and leaned out of his window and asked if I was single. I shook my head but that was a nice little boost for the old self esteem.We did have a nice time sitting in the sun and having our coffees as well as George's pie.

Tonight he was looking through his memory book. Unfortunately he carefully cut through a page - he seemed to think a photo of my sister was the same person as an old newspaper cutting he had.  I have carefully mended the book and suggested to him not to cut things out until we have talked about it. He has done this before. This is where it is often hard. There is no point in trying to fathom out why they do things  and also there is no point in arguing about it. Just play along with it....

No comments:

Post a Comment